Sunday 23 November 2014

Location decision for music video

As I've said previously, I wanted to create something that relates to underground bands trying to make it in the music industry, so I picked some places that I would think bands would hang out. Then I remembered, oh wait, I'm in a band myself, so this made the locations very easy as to where we'd hang out as a group.

A house, an opened spaced room where we can all chill




A local park to hang around in when bored




Practice room, where you, (you guessed it) practice.





The reason I chose to use a house was because it's more practical than the others. Filming ourside is reliant on the whether, the temperature, it's harder to maintain lighting, and the reason I didn't choose the practice room is because of the amount of money paid for a limited amount of time. I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on hiring a room to run the risk of us not having enough time to film, either being people running late, unorganisation and other factors. The house gives me unlimited access where I can control the lighting, the whether (because it's indoors) and it's easier to manage other people being reliable. Plus as I had a limited time with the other guitarist from my band to do the playthrough with me as he lives in Whitstable, I needed to have the most reliable and solid location to film in. Although despite all of this, because my opening will be very short I want to attempt and film it outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment